Woman carer on Christmas Night duties seriously injured after her motorcyle involved in collision with driver found to be FOUR times over drink drive limit
- Credit: Archant
A woman carer – carrying out her Christmas night rounds – was seriously injured after being involved in a collision with a driver found to be FOUR times over the
The driver is thought to have been involved in a collision with the motorcyclist at around 8pm in High Street, Chatteris.
Colleagues say the injured woman was taken to hospital and is undergoing surgery today.
A police spokesman said: “A male from a collision on High Street, Chatteris, was arrested for drink driving last night. He gave a reading of 147 the limit is 35.”
The road was closed for more than two hours while investigators examined the scene.
You may also want to watch:
One resident posted on Facebook: “Just got in from our walk. There was a motorbike in the road too.
“I hope everyone is OK. Road still closed. Police were taking photos and someone was in back of police car.”
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 3 Tributes to retired CEO who 'worked tirelessly' for town
- 4 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 5 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 6 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 7 Speeding car smashes into two vehicles before driving off
- 8 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 9 Man found dead in March
- 10 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
Another resident from the area said: “Forensics was being completed on the car and the motorbike was being inspected when I last looked.
“The injured man has been taken to hospital. There are at least six police cars present.”