Woman driver’s lucky escape after she clips rear of silver BMW and flips her car on its roof in The Avenue, March
- Credit: Archant
The driver of a red Daihatsu Sirion had a lucky escape on Tuesday when she clipped the rear of a stationary BMW, flipped her car on its head, and walked out with minor injuries.
The crash happened shortly after 8.30am and emergency services were quickly on the scene.
The woman driver of the Daihatsu was treated for cuts and bruises by paramedics at the scene.
The crash happened outside Bellezza Beauty in The Causeway – the owner of the BMW is thought to have been inside the salon when it happened.
Police were able to keep one lane of the busy road into March open while recovery took place.
You may also want to watch:
Fire crews helped upright the Daihatsu to allow the road to re—open quickly.
The East of England Ambulance Service NHS Trust (EEAST) said they received a call at 8.41am today (26th April) to the junction of Cavalry Park and the B1101 in March.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 4 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 5 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 6 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 7 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 8 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 9 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 10 Board says Covid-19 figures are ‘stable’ at City hospital
A spokesman said: “An ambulance crew and ambulance officer attended to a report of a two vehicle collision and a car that had overturned.
“They assessed a woman in her 60s who had suffered minor injuries and was taken to Peterborough City Hospital for further treatment.”