Woman driver’s ‘miraculous’ escape after car ploughs into tree by the A1 - and walks away with only minor injuries
- Credit: Archant
A woman escaped injury from the wreckage of a car that fire chiefs are describing as a “miracle”.
A Cambridgeshire Fire spokesman said: “It is a miracle how the driver of this car walked away from this crash.”
The crash happened last night on the A1 at Alwalton near Peterborough.
The car left the road and veered into trees – the impact was so severe it uprooted some one of them.
Miraculously the woman driver was able to climb out of the car and walked 60 yards to a lay-by helped by passers by.
You may also want to watch:
“Our firelighters gave her first aid until paramedics arrived,” said the spokesman.
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 3 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 4 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 5 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 6 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 7 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 8 Jaw-dropping stunts and traditional circus elements combine in unmissable show
- 9 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 10 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told