Loving mother dies following crash on A141 in Chatteris
- Credit: Archant
A woman has died after she was hit by a lorry when riding her bike on the A141, Fenland Way in Chatteris on Monday.
Hilary Cox, 59, was riding a pedal bike when a collision occurred with a white Scania HGV at around 12.30pm opposite the Poundstretcher store.
Hilary, of Gibside Close, Chatteris, was taken to hospital with life threatening injuries and died the following day.
The driver of the HGV was not injured and no arrests have been made in connection to the collision.
The family of Hilary Cox have paid tribute to her.
You may also want to watch:
“Hilary was a loving wife, mother, sister and friend, who gave to so many throughout her life, asking for nothing in return. She will be sorely missed by everyone who knows her.”
Anyone who witnessed what happened, or saw the vehicle or cyclist prior to the incident, should call 101 quoting incident 192 of December 3.
- 1 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 2 Cyclist stabbed in broad daylight attack
- 3 Daughters remember artist father who would ‘always be there’
- 4 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 5 Care home ‘requires improvement’ in five key areas
- 6 Man found dead in March
- 7 Farm donates pumpkins and money to hospitals ‘close to our hearts’
- 8 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 9 Yellow weather warning issued for Cambridgeshire
- 10 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages