Woman gets a surprise when she pops into Indian restaurant in March - staff hand her a £20 note. Quite why will delight you
- Credit: Archant
Puzzlement turned to surprise for a March woman in an Indian restaurant last night when she was quizzed about her previous visit – and then given £20.
It turned out the customer had dropped the £20 note on the floor following her last visit – before Christmas- and staff had been waiting expectantly ever since to return it.
The woman posted on a Facebook public forum today that “I was so taken aback last night in a good way when I visited Shah Jahan for a meal.
“When ordering he asked us when we last visited...I recalled just before Christmas. “The waiter said that night when I left I dropped a £20 note near my table.
“They proceeded then to knock the £20 of our bill....what can I say?
You may also want to watch:
“All this while and they were still looking out for us. Honesty at its best; they will always have my custom... thank you.”
Within four hours nearly 300 forum readers had ‘liked’ the story, many writing their own praise of the Indian restaurant.
- 1 Man found dead in March
- 2 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 3 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 4 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 5 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 6 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 7 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 8 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 9 Every little helps for surprised shopper thanks to Tesco worker
- 10 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
“That’s an amazing story of honesty,” said one man.
Another woman wrote: “That’s amazing! Not many companies would do that”.
One other woman posted that “they’re a great bunch, lovely people, and lovely food always”.