Woman given oxygen and left in care of ambulance service after barbecue fire in West End, March

PUBLISHED: 10:07 11 July 2017 | UPDATED: 10:07 11 July 2017

Woman given oxygen and left in care of ambulance service after barbecue fire in West End, March. PHOTO Pixabay.

Woman given oxygen and left in care of ambulance service after barbecue fire in West End, March. PHOTO Pixabay.

Archant

A woman had to be given oxygen after a barbecue and cylinder caught fire in West End, March last night.

Crews from March and Wisbech were called to the blaze at 6.25pm and firefighters extinguished it with a hose reel.

“A woman was given oxygen by firefighters and was left in the care of the ambulance service,” said a Cambs Fire spokesman.

“Crews returned to their stations by 7.50pm.

“The cause of the fire was accidental, by person.”


If you value what this story gives you, please consider supporting the Cambs Times. Click the link in the orange box above for details.

Become a supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Latest from the Cambs Times