Woman injured in March after trying to fight off robbers with bag of potatoes
A WOMAN was injured after she tried to fight off two robbers with a bag of potatoes.
The 57-year-old tried to fend off the two men using the bag of spuds and a bag of compost, which she was carrying.
The woman suffered minor injuries after the robbers knocked her over as she was walking along Station Road, March, close to the County Road junction at 10.45pm on Sunday.
They grabbed the her purse and fled the scene.
The men were white and wearing dark clothing with hooded tops, with the hood up.
You may also want to watch:
PC Andrew Rudd said: “I would like to hear from anyone who was in the area and noticed anything suspicious or the two men as they fled the scene.
“Any information, no matter how small, could prove vital in tracing those responsible.”
- 1 Man found dead in March
- 2 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 3 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 4 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 5 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 6 Janice launches Slimming World group after losing over two stone
- 7 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 8 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 9 Parents 'can never forgive' actions for Maddie's murder
- 10 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
Anyone with information should call PC Rudd on 101 or Crimestoppers, anonymously, on 0800 555 111.
FOOTNOTE: Original reports from Cambs Police said this happened in Wisbech. They have apologised for the error.