Fitness-driven runner clocks up nearly 70 miles during coronavius lockdown
- Credit: Supplied
A fitness-driven Chatteris woman has been making the most of isolation, by running to five Fenland villages and covering almost 70 miles in just 19 days.
Katie Mowatt, who sets herself goals each day to help her mental health, has clocked up 69.3 miles since lockdown began by running from her hometown to Doddington, Somersham, Sutton, Manea and Mepal.
Setting herself the demanding challenge, the 21-year-old initially posted on Facebook: “
“Isolation 2020 so far has been completely running focused for me.”
As well as testing her physical stamina, it’s given her time to focus on her mental health.
You may also want to watch:
She said: “In everyday life I always set myself goals of things I want to achieve either that day or week etc, because that’s what keeps me focused and going.
“Running to different villages around Chatteris meant I had a goal to focus on and something to get my out of bed in the mornings.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 4 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 5 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 6 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 7 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 8 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 9 8 of the best shows coming to Cambridgeshire in November
- 10 Board says Covid-19 figures are ‘stable’ at City hospital
“Running helps clear my mind and keep my fitness up. Doing the challenge was difficult and definitely pushed me outside my comfort zone but I feel so much better for it.
“There’s a real sense of personal achievement! It was nice to get away from my home town - even for a little while. Each run was so picturesque with the blue skies and open fields.
“Running can be so difficult but so rewarding! To all the people taking up running at the moment, KEEP GOING!”