Woman’s home searched
A MARCH woman was horrified when she found herself and her home caught up in a police investigation into a letter bomb campaign. Police arrived at 18 Richards Close on Monday to search the home of Christine Sidaway, who works at the town s Community Educa
A MARCH woman was horrified when she found herself and her home caught up in a police investigation into a letter bomb campaign.
Police arrived at 18 Richards Close on Monday to search the home of Christine Sidaway, who works at the town's Community Education Centre.
The search came after police arrested school caretaker Miles Cooper, 26, at his home in Cherry Hinton, Cambridge.
On Monday afternoon Thames Valley Police arrived in the quiet cul-de-sac where Ms Sidaway has lived for five years.
You may also want to watch:
Ms Sidaway is a close friend of Mr Cooper's father, Clive Cooper, but does not have any contact with Miles. Friends and neighbours have supported Ms Sidaway through the ordeal delivering cards and flowers.
The letter bombs have injured nine people across the country in the last six weeks. Some of the packages had Cambridge post marks.
- 1 Man found dead in March
- 2 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 3 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 4 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 5 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 6 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 7 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 8 Janice launches Slimming World group after losing over two stone
- 9 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 10 County passes funding of new £25m Wisbech school back to the Government
Miles Cooper who has been caretaker at Teversham Primary School since 2005, was arrested at 4am on Monday in a raid on the house he shares with his mother. A police search of the school failed to find any dangerous material connected to the inquiry but specialist forensic teams are continuing to search the house in Cherry Hinton.