Woman seriously injured after being attacked in Whittlesey - man arrested on suspicion of GBH
- Credit: Archant
A major police investigation was launched in Whittlesey on Saturday evening after a woman was attacked and left with serious injuries.
The incident being investigated by Cambridgeshire Police follows a fight in Orchard Street just before 8.30pm.
A police spokesman said: “A woman in her 20s was taken to Peterborough City Hospital with serious injuries.
“A 26-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of grievous bodily harm (GBH) has been released under investigation.”
One eye witness told friends she had seen two girls fighting on a roundabout and the next a van pulled up, a man jumped out, and allegedly clubbed one of the girls.
The eye witness described up to seven police cars attending the incident as well as an ambulance.
- 1 Family pleased with 'huge reaction' thanks to charity Christmas lights
- 2 Leslie 'faster, fitter, happier' after losing 10 stone in four months
- 3 Family escape 'devastating fire' that ripped through home
- 4 Multiple emergency services at scene after B1098 crash
- 5 Man taken to hospital with serious injuries after B1098 crash
- 6 Isabella, 10, impresses to win top prize ahead of Whittlesey Extravaganza
- 7 House fire that killed two children will not have further electrical checks
- 8 'Wide range of people' will benefit from village homes, say developers
- 9 Primary school plans for new town take step forward
- 10 Trainspotters catch Duchess of Sutherland whistling through Fens