Woman treated in hospital after house fire in Whittlesey

A woman was treated in hospital for minor burns and smoke inhalation after a house fire in Whittlese

A woman was treated in hospital for minor burns and smoke inhalation after a house fire in Whittlesey on Monday March 7. - Credit: Archant

A woman was taken to hospital and treated for smoke inhalation and minor burns after a house fire in Whittlesey.

Crews from Whittlesey and Stanground were called to a blaze at a house in Whiteacres at around 4.50pm on Monday March 7, where they found two occupants outside the house.

One occupant – a woman – was taken to hospital by ambulance as two fire fighters, wearing breathing apparatus, used a hose reel to extinguish the fire, which was accidental.

The crews returned to their stations by 6.10pm.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter