Woman shoots herself in a Whittlesey park prompting huge police response
- Credit: Archant
A woman shot herself with an air gun in a Whittlesey park this afternoon as police swooped on the area.
Police were called after reports that a woman was seen carrying a gun on green space near Bank Close at around 2.45pm.
She was taken to hospital with serious but not life-threatening injuries after turning the air gun on herself.
An air ambulance was launched as part of the response by the emergency services.
A spokesperson for Cambridgeshire Police, said: “We were called at 2.46pm today (June 11) by the ambulance service who were dealing with a woman who suffered serious injuries that are believed to be self-inflicted.
You may also want to watch:
“Officers have attended the scene near Bank Close in Whittlesey. The woman continues to receive medical attention. It is not believed her injuries are life threatening.”
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 3 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 4 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 5 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 6 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 7 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 8 Jaw-dropping stunts and traditional circus elements combine in unmissable show
- 9 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 10 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told