Woman under investigation for snatching designer handbag in March Market Place
- Credit: Archant
A 50 year old woman is under investigation after a designer handbag was stolen in an opportunist bag snatch from March Market Place.
A Cambridgeshire Police spokesman said: “We’re investigating a theft of a handbag which took place on July 20 at about 7.20am in Market Place, March.
“A 50-year-old woman from March was arrested on suspicion of theft on July 20. She was later released under investigation.”
A woman motorist is alleged to have taken an opportunist moment to snatch the Louis Vuitton bag that was on the doorstop of a shop in March Market Place as the owner carried items into her premises.
The passing motorist spotted the bag and took it.
You may also want to watch:
The bag contained cash, purse, cards and an iphone which had a tracking device on it, enabling the bag to be located.
- 1 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 2 Jaw-dropping stunts and traditional circus elements combine in unmissable show
- 3 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 4 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 5 Teen rape case prompts city market safety review
- 6 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 7 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 8 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 9 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 10 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor