Woman verbally abused by van driver and assaulted by passenger while walking past Fenland Hall
A WOMAN was verbally abused by a van driver and fought off his passenger while she walked along a March street.
The woman was in County Road, March, at about 9.15am on March 8 where she walked past a dark blue van similar to a Ford Transit Connect. The van had a ladder on its roof and had no writing on the side.
The van followed the lady towards Station road where the passenger jumped out and grabbed the woman by the arm. The man driving the vehicle also shouted “hi sexy”.
The woman did not reply and continued walking. She crossed the road and continued to walk in the same direction.
As she got close to the Fenland District Council offices she heard a vehicle pulled up beside her. It was the same vehicle.
You may also want to watch:
The passenger in the van got out of the van and grabbed the victim by the right sleeve of her coat. The woman swung her rucksack at the man, forcing him to let go. He got back into the van and they drove off towards Station Road.
A police spokesman said: “If anybody knows of this vehicle or who is responsible for this incident could they please call Pc Dave Marsh on 0345 456 4564.”
- 1 Owner's desperate plea - and £500 reward - to find missing dog
- 2 MP visits hospital about to become centre of Covid-19 vaccine rollout
- 3 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 4 'Big red key' used by cops in dawn raid on suspected drug dealers
- 5 Ditch crash victim seriously injured
- 6 Vaccine roll-out begins, 12 hours a day, seven days a week
- 7 Homes 'siloed on edge of village like old-style council estate'
- 8 Dad of two killed on Fen road
- 9 Tributes to 'loving, kind family man' and community stalwart
- 10 Pedestrian dies at scene of crash