Woman verbally abused by van driver and assaulted by passenger while walking past Fenland Hall
A WOMAN was verbally abused by a van driver and fought off his passenger while she walked along a March street.
The woman was in County Road, March, at about 9.15am on March 8 where she walked past a dark blue van similar to a Ford Transit Connect. The van had a ladder on its roof and had no writing on the side.
The van followed the lady towards Station road where the passenger jumped out and grabbed the woman by the arm. The man driving the vehicle also shouted “hi sexy”.
The woman did not reply and continued walking. She crossed the road and continued to walk in the same direction.
As she got close to the Fenland District Council offices she heard a vehicle pulled up beside her. It was the same vehicle.
The passenger in the van got out of the van and grabbed the victim by the right sleeve of her coat. The woman swung her rucksack at the man, forcing him to let go. He got back into the van and they drove off towards Station Road.
A police spokesman said: “If anybody knows of this vehicle or who is responsible for this incident could they please call Pc Dave Marsh on 0345 456 4564.”
- 1 Whittlesey and March serve up cup thriller ahead of crucial weekend
- 2 Village's stunning Christmas lights display captured on camera
- 3 Neighbour and PCSO prevent £4,000 fraud
- 4 Santa lightens up the Fens in run-up to Christmas
- 5 Attacked PC nominated for bravery award
- 6 Government clearance needed for £200,000 year role for Eileen
- 7 Roman crucifixion burial found in Fenstanton
- 8 Work from home, masks and NHS passes: New Covid rules explained
- 9 Grandmother paralysed by Covid slowly improving, judge told
- 10 Boxing club 'absolutely gutted' as mass brawl abandons show