Women dies following A142 smash
A 71-YEAR-old woman has died from injuries she sustained in a two-vehicle smash on the A142 earlier this month.
Gillian Read, of The Green, Wardy Hill, was rushed to Addenbrooke’s Hospital in Cambridge following a collision at the Witcham Toll junction at about 7.30am on February 14.
She died as a result of her injuries nine days later.
Mrs Read was a passenger in a silver Peugeot 206 when it was involved in a collision with a white Toyota Hiace van.
The air ambulance was called to the scene and the busy main road was blocked in both directions, with police forced to set up a diversion through Wardy Hill and Coveney.
You may also want to watch:
The driver of the Peugeot, a 72-year-old man, suffered serious injuries in the collision. The driver of the van was treated for minor injuries.
PC Theron Pearman, investigating, said: “I would appeal to anyone who saw the collision, or either vehicle prior to it, to call police.”
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 3 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 5 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 6 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 7 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 8 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 9 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 10 Board says Covid-19 figures are ‘stable’ at City hospital
Anyone with information should call PC Pearman on 101.