Women helped back to work thanks to free courses in the Fens.
- Credit: Archant
Free digital and business skills training aimed at women is being offered in three short courses taking place in Fenland over the next few months.
The courses are open to all women who would like to start or grow their own business or are looking to go back to work after a career break.
They are part of a joint programme called Destination Digital Women.
Councillor David Oliver, Fenland District Council’s cabinet member responsible for digital development, welcomed the joint initiative.
He said: “Many women would like to start up their own business or are keen to get back into work after taking a break but it’s not easy. These courses offer anyone in that situation lots of practical help and encouragement – and they’re free.”
You may also want to watch:
The first is on digital marketing and will be at Chatteris Community Hub on Tuesday December 2 from 10am-1pm.
The other two will be at March Library on February 18. One from 10am-1pm is on how to set up a home office and the second from 2-4pm is on returning to work with tools to raise your confidence after a career break and how to cope with the emotional changes involved.
- 1 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 2 Cyclist stabbed in broad daylight attack
- 3 Daughters remember artist father who would ‘always be there’
- 4 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 5 Care home ‘requires improvement’ in five key areas
- 6 Farm donates pumpkins and money to hospitals ‘close to our hearts’
- 7 Man found dead in March
- 8 Yellow weather warning issued for Cambridgeshire
- 9 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 10 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
The courses are organised by Enterprising Women together with Connecting Cambridgeshire and Destination Digital.
For more details, visit www.enterprising-women.org/dd or call Farhana Jaman on 0800 012 1365.