PRESIDENT Mimi Bashford welcomed members and two visitors to the November meeting at which birthday cards were given to Doreen Kendall and Kay Templeman. Sandra Mina reported on the autumn council meeting. The 2007 programme will be ready for the December
PRESIDENT Mimi Bashford welcomed members and two visitors to the November meeting at which birthday cards were given to Doreen Kendall and Kay Templeman.
Sandra Mina reported on the autumn council meeting. The 2007 programme will be ready for the December meeting.
Past member Angela Samways, currently working with her husband for Oxfam in Liberia, but presently on leave, visited the meeting. Members presented her with writing materials to take back for the children in their school.
The competition was for a pretty candle-holder. Raffle winners were R Hurst, B Denwood, J Tyler, E Blackburn and L Cotterell. There was a bring and buy stall and WI books were on sale.
You may also want to watch:
The annual meeting followed. The president thanked everyone for their help and support during the year, especially officers and committee. Elected were: President, Mimi Bashford; secretary, June Nicholas; treasurer, Sandy Gilbert; committee, B Denwood, J Bell, D Old, A Quincey, M Pickering and S Mina.
Margaret Pickering organised a quiz and readings to end the meeting.
- 1 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 2 Cyclist stabbed in broad daylight attack
- 3 Daughters remember artist father who would ‘always be there’
- 4 Care home ‘requires improvement’ in five key areas
- 5 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 6 Man found dead in March
- 7 Farm donates pumpkins and money to hospitals ‘close to our hearts’
- 8 Yellow weather warning issued for Cambridgeshire
- 9 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 10 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
At the next meeting, on December 5 at St Andrew's Hall (7.30pm) speaker Sandra Mina will talk about a holiday in China.