CO-PRESIDENT Rosemary Bowman welcomed everyone to Tower Hall for the first monthly meeting of 2007. Minutes, correspondence and financial affairs were dealt with by secretary Joan Denehy and treasurer Patricia Mann assisted by Hazel Heeley. Names were tak
CO-PRESIDENT Rosemary Bowman welcomed everyone to Tower Hall for the first monthly meeting of 2007.
Minutes, correspondence and financial affairs were dealt with by secretary Joan Denehy and treasurer Patricia Mann assisted by Hazel Heeley. Names were taken of those wishing to attend an event organised by the Federation sub-committee Public Affairs to discuss Care of the Environment and Waste Management on Monday March 26 at Neale Wade 6th Form Centre at March.
Nell Gardner organised t he raffle and Audrey Smith collected Coins for Good Causes.
Helen Chapman chose a gift voucher on reaching 40 points in the monthly competitions. Joan Arnold was congratulated on being the overall winner for the past year and was awarded the Upwell Cup. There were 11 entries in this months competition. Full marks were awarded to Joan Denehy, Hazel Heeley and Maisie Peel for entries on a Nautical theme.
You may also want to watch:
Maisie Peel was the first member to receive a pretty shopping list fridge magnet chosen as this year's birthday gift to members.
The evening featured a talk by Marine Services Manager and Harbour Master Lt Cdr Peter Harvey on the Port of Wisbech - Past, Present and future. Connie Gravett, co-president, gave the vote of thanks saying how much everyone enjoyed this presentation on such a local subject and wished the developments now underway, every success.
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 3 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 4 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 5 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 6 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 7 Jaw-dropping stunts and traditional circus elements combine in unmissable show
- 8 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 9 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 10 Teen rape case prompts city market safety review
Doris Quaile and Audrey Smith were responsible for refreshments with help from Kitchen Manager Delia Sewell and others.
For social time Hazel Heeley devised and presented a Money Quiz which was won by newcomer Pat Ellis and her team.