March lorry and cyclist collision: Eye-witness saw ‘boy laid in the road’
- Credit: Google Street View
A young boy on his bicycle was reportedly laid in the road after being hit by a lorry in March.
An eyewitness said they saw "a lady sitting with a boy while he laid in the road with a coat over him".
They added that the boy is a student at Neale Wade.
They said: "He was on his side in the recovery position and there were two police cars when I passed."
"One car was cornered off when I drove past at about 3.57pm."
Police said they were called at 3:35pm to Woodlands Avenue in March where there had been a report of a collision between a lorry and a cyclist.
The lorry driver remained at the scene and is assisting enquiries.
Anyone who witnessed the incident should contact police on 10 and quote Incident 343 of July 20.
- 1 Thousands descend on Chatteris as town lights up for Christmas
- 2 Princess Eugenie comes to town in bid to tackle modern slavery
- 3 Stolen caravans discovered on village site to relief of owners
- 4 Fens business park goes to auction - for up to £700,000
- 5 Children among suspected hare coursers stopped in the Fens
- 6 Pedestrian killed crossing road
- 7 Former army major sentenced after pillion rider dies in motorcycle crash
- 8 Wayne officially opens doors to DOORBRITE showroom
- 9 Check before you travel ahead of major upgrade, commuters warned
- 10 Shocking footage appears to show £100m Marham jet crashing off carrier