WOOFTASTIC! Sackload of presents arrive to help homeless animals this Christmas
SACKLOADS of presents have been arriving at a dog grooming parlour to help homeless animals across the county - and Santa hasn’t delivered any!
Sam Laws, owner of Doggy Styling in March, appealed for public support to collect presents to give as treats to help needy animals this Christmas.
Residents have responded by delivering massive bags of dog food, treats, toys and blankets to the High Street Store to help the appeal.
Miss Laws said: “I’ve been very surprised and heartened by the response to my letter in the Cambs Times/Wisbech Standard asking for help with the collection.
“The sheer amount of presents we can give away is much more than I expected and I’m delighted - it will really make so many animals’ Christmas.”
You may also want to watch:
Donations will be shared between Staffordshire Bull Terrier Rescue in Wisbech and Wood Green Animal Shelter near Huntingdon.
Gifts can still be dropped off at the store, in 128 High Street, March between Tuesdays and Saturdays (8.30am-4.30pm), up until December 22.
- 1 BMW driver 'intentionally rammed' Ford car on A142 before fleeing scene
- 2 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 3 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 4 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 5 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 6 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 7 Football club ‘disappointed’ after vandals damage toilet facilities
- 8 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 9 Piled wall will resolve major King's Dyke crossing obstacle
- 10 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges