Work at popular school is satisfactory’
PARK Lane Primary School s popularity in Whittlesey is strong with both parents and children believing the school is doing a good job. But while the school views itself as being good, a recent Ofsted inspection found most aspects of the school s work to b
PARK Lane Primary School's popularity in Whittlesey is strong with both parents and children believing the school is doing a good job.
But while the school views itself as being good, a recent Ofsted inspection found most aspects of the school's work to be satisfactory.
The report by inspectors said: "This is because planned initiatives have yet to make their full impact on the children's learning. "
Teaching was found to be mostly satisfactory with teachers providing a suitable range of activities for most pupils.
You may also want to watch:
However, inspectors found there were inconsistencies in teachers' use of assessment to provide higher ability pupils with sufficient challenge, as a result they do not make as much progress as they could, particularly in writing and maths.
The report said: "The atmosphere in the school is very positive and all staff work hard to make every child feel valued. As a result, pupils' personal development is good and a considerable strength.
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 3 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 4 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 5 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 6 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 7 Jaw-dropping stunts and traditional circus elements combine in unmissable show
- 8 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 9 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 10 Man found dead in March
Leadership and management are satisfactory overall.