Work progressing at wind farm on outskirts of March
- Credit: Archant
Work is well underway on a wind farm on farmland near March.
Five turbines, which can generate 10.25MW of electricity, have been hoisted and are ready to start generating renewable electricity at the Boardinghouse Wind Farm development.
Renewable energy company Triodos Renewables plc is the majority shareholder of the development, with EcoGen and the landowner sharing the remaining 45 per cent.
Monika Paplaczyxk, senior investment manager at Triodos Renewables, said: “The project is on schedule and construction is well on target for the anticipated operational launch of September 2015.
“We are pleased that our shareholders investment is complementing that of the landlords and the developer, EcoGen, to realise this renewable energy project.”
You may also want to watch:
Triodos Renewables’ has 12 working renewable energy sites across the UK, which combined can generate more than 150 million kWh of green energy annually – enough renewable electricity for more than 36,000 homes.
- 1 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 2 Man found dead in March
- 3 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 4 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 5 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 6 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 7 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 8 Inspirational teen's charity walk raises £500 to support ill children
- 9 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire