Work to begin on 13 turbine Wryde Croft Wind Farm near Parson Drove
- Credit: Archant
Work will begin this month on a 13 turbine wind farm near a Fenland village.
Wryde Croft Wind Farm, which is on private land between Crowland and Parson Drove and north of the A47, is expected to be completed by the end of 2015.
The wind farm, which is 2.5 miles east of Parson Drove, will have a capacity of 26MW, which is enough energy for more than 13,000 homes. The peak height of the turbines will be 100m.
Once the wind farm is generating electricity, renewable energy company RES will provide a community benefits package of £130,000 per year.
A Community Benefit Fund has been set up by to support charitable projects and, through the Local Electricity Discount Scheme (LEDS), neighbours could get £100 per year off their electricity bills.
You may also want to watch:
For more information about the project go to www.wrydecroft-windfarm.co.uk
- 1 Man found dead in March
- 2 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 3 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 4 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 5 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 6 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 7 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 8 Every little helps for surprised shopper thanks to Tesco worker
- 9 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 10 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire