Workmen get verbally abused as they arrive very early in the day to repair burst water main in Wisbech
- Credit: Archant
WORKMEN got an earful of abuse as they arrived early today to repair a burst water main in Wisbech.
One resident said: “We got woken at 4.30am by drilling and cutting equipment.
“We went to investigate at 9 o’clock and found a 9 inch water main had burst open on the Churchill Road. Workmen told me they were verbally abused by a neighbour because of the noise”
An Anglian Water spokesman said: “We apologise to customers in Wisbech who currently have no water or low water pressure.
“This is caused by a burst water main and we are working hard to restore your supply.
You may also want to watch:
“Once again, we apologise for the inconvenience caused by this interruption to your service.”
Initially they had hoped repairs would have completed by 9am.
- 1 Daughters remember artist father who would ‘always be there’
- 2 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 3 Cyclist stabbed in broad daylight attack
- 4 Care home ‘requires improvement’ in five key areas
- 5 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 6 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 7 Farm donates pumpkins and money to hospitals ‘close to our hearts’
- 8 Man found dead in March
- 9 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 10 Man in court over special constable assault and theft of alcohol