World famous band the Romford Drum and Trumpet Corps to star at Whittlesey Festival
THE spectacular Romford Drum and Trumpet Corps will be the star performers at the Whittlesey Festival on Sunday September 12.
The youth military style band, based in the London Borough of Havering, will be the main attraction at the fun-filled family day that offers a number of different shows and activities for visitors.
The band have performed in France, Holland, Belgium, Germany, Gilbratar and the USA in recent years and have become highly sought after around the globe.
The group’s uniforms, instruments and style are closely based upon the Armed Forces British Military Bands but it’s their undoubted quality that has led them to perform at some of the most prestigious venues, such as the Royal Albert Hall, in England.
The Romford Drum and Trumpet Corps have an impressive record of success and have won countless National and European Championships in recent years. The group were triple gold medallists in both marching and concert performances at the Euro’s in 2006 and 2008.
You may also want to watch:
They have also recorded a charity single with Roger Daltrey from The Who, performed the National Anthem at Twickenham for an England rugby international and appeared at the MTV awards.
With such an impressive reputation they are certainly a spectacle not to be missed at this year’s event.
- 1 Pub closes as owners decide not to sell
- 2 Work starts on £3.16m apprenticeship training school
- 3 Customers report summerhouse builder to fraud investigators
- 4 Yard sale raises over £1,400 from second annual event
- 5 Theatre group stalwart steps down after nine years
- 6 'Panicked' dangerous driver apologises after 90mph police pursuit
- 7 Health chief’s stark warning: ‘The virus doesn’t care we changed the rules’
- 8 Medieval pottery unearthed at Cambs campsite
- 9 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 10 Residents make most of lockdown easing as Christmas comes early
For more information about the Festival please contact Pauline Edge on 01733 208414 or Jenny Parker on 01733 351005.