World famous band the Romford Drum and Trumpet Corps to star at Whittlesey Festival
THE spectacular Romford Drum and Trumpet Corps will be the star performers at the Whittlesey Festival on Sunday September 12.
The youth military style band, based in the London Borough of Havering, will be the main attraction at the fun-filled family day that offers a number of different shows and activities for visitors.
The band have performed in France, Holland, Belgium, Germany, Gilbratar and the USA in recent years and have become highly sought after around the globe.
The group’s uniforms, instruments and style are closely based upon the Armed Forces British Military Bands but it’s their undoubted quality that has led them to perform at some of the most prestigious venues, such as the Royal Albert Hall, in England.
The Romford Drum and Trumpet Corps have an impressive record of success and have won countless National and European Championships in recent years. The group were triple gold medallists in both marching and concert performances at the Euro’s in 2006 and 2008.
You may also want to watch:
They have also recorded a charity single with Roger Daltrey from The Who, performed the National Anthem at Twickenham for an England rugby international and appeared at the MTV awards.
With such an impressive reputation they are certainly a spectacle not to be missed at this year’s event.
- 1 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 2 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 3 Woman, 78, suffers horrific injuries after e-scooter hit-and-run
- 4 'Police repeatedly failed me' over noisy neighbour saga, claims resident
- 5 'Unreasonable behaviour' means Steve must pay council's costs of failed appeal
- 6 Fleeing heroin dealer rams police car but they get him in the end
- 7 Lorry driver loses control on motorway in booze-fuelled collision
- 8 Two men with links to Cottenham on 'most wanted' list
- 9 Widow of High Court judge, 77, charged with historical sexual abuse
- 10 Man charged with murder of woman in her 70s
For more information about the Festival please contact Pauline Edge on 01733 208414 or Jenny Parker on 01733 351005.