World wide guests attend wedding
IT was a day for sunshine and smiles when guests from around the world came to the Fens for a special wedding. They travelled from 15 different countries from as far away as India and Australia to witness Rhys Barker and Tete Pachuau tie the knot. March s
IT was a day for sunshine and smiles when guests from around the world came to the Fens for a special wedding.
They travelled from 15 different countries from as far away as India and Australia to witness Rhys Barker and Tete Pachuau tie the knot.
March's Centenary Baptist Church was packed with hundreds of guests for Saturday's ceremony.
Rhys's grandmother, Thelma Barker of Causeway Gardens, March, said: "It was a wonderful day with wonderful weather. There were a lot of people there and everyone enjoyed themselves."
You may also want to watch:
The couple, both aged 20, met at an international school in Nepal when they were 13. The Barker family left the town in 2000 when parents Alan and Megan went to work for a Christian organisation.
Rhys, a former Neale-Wade Community College student has been studying popular music at Goldsmiths, London, and Tete has studied reflexology.
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 HGV crashes into car damaged in earlier incident
- 3 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 4 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 5 Our archives reveal the 'crackpot' idea to re-open disused rail lines
- 6 See photos of the intricate final stages of the Huntingdon Viaduct removal
- 7 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 8 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 9 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 10 Squash club marks 40 years of competitions
Tete wore a white bridal gown but her three bridesmaids wore traditional dress from her home, Mizoram in north-east India.
Both sets of parents had travelled form Kathmandu for the big day.
The ceremony was followed by a reception where Indian food was served.