Writers’ Taster Day at March Town Hall next month
- Credit: Archant
Two Fenland-based publishing houses are collaborating in the search for local writers by hosting a Writers’ Taster Day on Saturday March 3 at March Town Hall.
The event, led by publishers Jane Levicki and Richard Savage, is being held to help local writers develop their skills.
Suitable for writers of fiction and non-fiction, the day will cover creative writing, self-editing, routes to publishing, the basics of cover design and social media marketing.
“I was inspired by the feedback from the ‘Prose to Print’ workshop I’ve organised in the past,” said Jane.
“There is clearly a lot of talent in Fenland and I’m delighted to be working with Ric to offer more support and encouragement to writers.”
You may also want to watch:
Ric and Jane will be following the taster day with a series of more in-depth workshops throughout the year, based on what the attendees feel will be most useful to them.
“Places are limited and we anticipate the demand will be high,” said Ric.
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 3 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 4 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 5 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 6 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 7 Jaw-dropping stunts and traditional circus elements combine in unmissable show
- 8 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 9 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 10 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
“So we’d urge people to book as soon as possible.”
Places are £10 if booked in advance or £15 on the day. For more information and to book go to www.alizarin.org.uk