I am sending a copy of the envelope of the letter sent in error to Whittlesey Museum.
FOLLOWING our phone call I am sending a copy of the envelope of the letter sent in error to Whittlesey Museum.
Whittlesey Museum is situated in the Town Hall and was used as a Magistrates Court until the 1960s.
I feel this letter was intended for Whittlesea in South Africa!
Sir Harry Smith (our Hero) was made governor of South Africa in 19th century and the town was named after his birthplace.
You may also want to watch:
One of the Museum Trustees used to live in South Africa and having visited Whittlesea said at the time of his visit the police station was just a tin shack.
The letter will be forwarded.
- 1 AN APOLOGY: The Gables in Chatteris
- 2 Alternative banking available as local branch closes
- 3 Pink Cadillacs, sports cars and a VW Beetle: Students arrive in style for their leavers' prom
- 4 7 of the prettiest villages to visit in East Cambs and Fenland
- 5 Mother sends warning over 'disgraceful' care of six-year-old daughter
- 6 Quiz-loving duo win BBC game show hosted by Bradley Walsh and Holly Willoughby
- 7 Man killed in Estover Road motorbike crash named by police
- 8 Aquapark boss hits back at threat of enforcement
- 9 March lorry and cyclist collision: Eye-witness saw ‘boy laid in the road’
- 10 Historic hotel opens doors after lockdown transformation
Curator, Whittlesey Museum