I am sending a copy of the envelope of the letter sent in error to Whittlesey Museum.
FOLLOWING our phone call I am sending a copy of the envelope of the letter sent in error to Whittlesey Museum.
Whittlesey Museum is situated in the Town Hall and was used as a Magistrates Court until the 1960s.
I feel this letter was intended for Whittlesea in South Africa!
Sir Harry Smith (our Hero) was made governor of South Africa in 19th century and the town was named after his birthplace.
You may also want to watch:
One of the Museum Trustees used to live in South Africa and having visited Whittlesea said at the time of his visit the police station was just a tin shack.
The letter will be forwarded.
- 1 ‘You now have s**t on your face,’ objector to planning scheme told
- 2 Suspected drink-driver, 41, arrested after tip-off from resident
- 3 Man who died in road crash is named
- 4 Police thank eagle-eyed motorist for being ‘right place, right time’
- 5 DJ, 11, branded 'an inspiration' after winning top award
- 6 Suspected paedophile, 61, arrested in live Facebook video stream
- 7 Photographer amazed by praise thanks to stunning images of space
- 8 Reporter shares mid-treatment stages of teeth transformation
- 9 Entrepreneurs’ lockdown invention wins big at London competition
- 10 Man, 53, found in 'possession of knife' in Queensgate Shopping Centre
Curator, Whittlesey Museum