I am sending a copy of the envelope of the letter sent in error to Whittlesey Museum.
FOLLOWING our phone call I am sending a copy of the envelope of the letter sent in error to Whittlesey Museum.
Whittlesey Museum is situated in the Town Hall and was used as a Magistrates Court until the 1960s.
I feel this letter was intended for Whittlesea in South Africa!
Sir Harry Smith (our Hero) was made governor of South Africa in 19th century and the town was named after his birthplace.
One of the Museum Trustees used to live in South Africa and having visited Whittlesea said at the time of his visit the police station was just a tin shack.
The letter will be forwarded.
- 1 Crews tackle blaze in Wisbech
- 2 Honda, Seat and Toyota crash on A141
- 3 Arson arrest after Wisbech blaze
- 4 Man assaulted woman and verbally abused hotel staff
- 5 Fenland man repeatedly raped woman for 20 years
- 6 Man charged with attempted murder as stab victim is found
- 7 Domestic abuser tried to strangle and suffocate mother of his child
- 8 Man charged following Peterborough murder
- 9 Clarion Housing ‘cyber incident’ affects thousands of tenants
- 10 Man dies after van and lorry crash on A141
Curator, Whittlesey Museum