I am sending a copy of the envelope of the letter sent in error to Whittlesey Museum.
FOLLOWING our phone call I am sending a copy of the envelope of the letter sent in error to Whittlesey Museum.
Whittlesey Museum is situated in the Town Hall and was used as a Magistrates Court until the 1960s.
I feel this letter was intended for Whittlesea in South Africa!
Sir Harry Smith (our Hero) was made governor of South Africa in 19th century and the town was named after his birthplace.
You may also want to watch:
One of the Museum Trustees used to live in South Africa and having visited Whittlesea said at the time of his visit the police station was just a tin shack.
The letter will be forwarded.
- 1 Owner's desperate plea - and £500 reward - to find missing dog
- 2 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 3 MP visits hospital about to become centre of Covid-19 vaccine rollout
- 4 'Big red key' used by cops in dawn raid on suspected drug dealers
- 5 Ditch crash victim seriously injured
- 6 Homes 'siloed on edge of village like old-style council estate'
- 7 Vaccine roll-out begins, 12 hours a day, seven days a week
- 8 Dad of two killed on Fen road
- 9 'Small number of Covid-19 deaths' at care home
- 10 Pedestrian dies at scene of crash
Curator, Whittlesey Museum