X Factor winner Matt Cardle booked for Ely Party on the Hill and Atomic Kitten and Blue too
- Credit: Archant
MATT Cardle, boy band Blue and Atomic Kitten are set to headline Party on the Hill, a music festival coming to Ely in August.
Mr Russell said: “There has been an incredible amount of interest around the event already and we are hoping this event will really put the spotlight on Ely.
“We have worked hard over the past couple of months to secure these acts and we expect it to be a big hit, especially with the popularity of The Big Reunion on television at the moment.”
Speaking to Star Radio on Friday, Natasha Hamilton from Atomic Kitten said: “It’s going to be over the August bank holiday, hopefully we will have the weather on our side, touch wood, it’s going to be amazing gig and you’ve got the Blue boys and Matt Cardle. It’s going to be a really great day for everyone.”
The news was also confirmed by Matt Cardle himself, who retweeted the announcement to his 930,000 followers on social netwokring site Twitter.
You may also want to watch:
Earlier in the year, a website for a similar event was promoted on Facebook by businessman Steve Coleby but was quickly removed after many of the acts who were advertised as being involved, including Matt Cardle, denied involvement.
This time however, Mr Russell has moved to distance himself from the previous announcements and interviews with the acts, confirming their attendance, were broadcast on Star Radio on Friday.
- 1 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 2 Man found dead in March
- 3 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 4 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 5 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 6 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 7 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 8 Inspirational teen's charity walk raises £500 to support ill children
- 9 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
According to the event’s Facebook page, there are 5,000 tickets available, priced at £25 for adults and £12.50 for children. The event will run from 3pm-11pm.
A spokesman for East Cambridgeshire District Council also confirmed that discussions regarding the event had taken place with Mr Russell.
INFORMATION: For tickets contact 0203 507 0038.