Ye Olde Griffin Hotel staff preparing for leg waxing forfeits in aid of children’s charity
- Credit: Archant
A hotel manager is facing up to the prospect of having his legs waxed in front of a packed pub ... if enough money is raised for charity.
Lee Oldale will say goodbye to his leg hair if Ye Olde Griffin Hotel’s charity night on Friday, which starts at 9pm, raises £700 for children’s charity Variety.
Other staff have also agreed to make sacrifices if certain fundraising targets are reached.
Sam in the kitchen will have his legs waxed for £100, bar worker Aaron for £250, Steve in the kitchen for £350, Borja for £450 and manager Lee’s son George for £550.
Deputy manager Lee Ruck, who will have his head shaved for £650, said: “Hopefully lots of people will come along to see Lee (Oldale) suffer.”
You may also want to watch:
There will be a Man V Food Competition and raffles, with a DJ and disco until late.
- 1 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 2 Tributes to retired CEO who 'worked tirelessly' for town
- 3 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 4 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 5 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages
- 6 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 7 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in radical ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 8 Speeding car smashes into two vehicles before driving off
- 9 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 10 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens