Yeehaa! Join a rodeo themed family fun day to raise money for charity at a pub near Whittlesey
- Credit: Archant
A mini beer festival and fund raising western style rodeo is coming to a pub near Whittlesey to raise money for a host of local good causes.
Cowboys and cowgirls are invited to enjoy a free day of family fun and activities, a BBQ, live country music and mini-beer festival at £2 pints for the first Haystack Rodeo.
It is on Bank Holiday Monday 29 at The Dog in a Doublet from 12pm to raise money for local good causes.
• Bucking Bronco
You may also want to watch:
• Bouncy Castle
• Mini-Beer Fest @ £2 Pints!
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 4 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 5 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 6 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 7 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 8 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 9 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 10 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
• Face Painter
• Cowboy and cowgirl games and activities
• American BBQ
• Win A Motorbike Game
• Live country music from Meg McPartlin and Calumn Stewart
• Shock bucket
• Slingshot showdown
• Animal farm
• Sandbox tuck shop
• Prize for best costume
Children are welcome and you can either bring your own cowboy hat or get one from the venue on the day.
David Goodacre from David Goodacre Hay & Straw and John from The Dog in a Doublet will be doing a sponsored chest wax.
The event is to help raise funds for local good causes and the much needed work of The Sandbox Group, who help children with life-limiting conditions.
They also support 16-18 year olds into work, homeless people, people in poverty and generally anyone who genuinely needs helping locally in and around Peterborough, including Whittlesey.
See The Sandbox Group Whittlesey Facebook page. Free admission.