Yeehaa! Join a rodeo themed family fun day to raise money for charity at a pub near Whittlesey
- Credit: Archant
A mini beer festival and fund raising western style rodeo is coming to a pub near Whittlesey to raise money for a host of local good causes.
Cowboys and cowgirls are invited to enjoy a free day of family fun and activities, a BBQ, live country music and mini-beer festival at £2 pints for the first Haystack Rodeo.
It is on Bank Holiday Monday 29 at The Dog in a Doublet from 12pm to raise money for local good causes.
• Bucking Bronco
• Bouncy Castle
• Mini-Beer Fest @ £2 Pints!
- 1 Police 'increasingly concerned' for man missing since early hours yesterday
- 2 'Giving a child the chance to be a child lifts my heart’ says foster carer
- 3 Obsessive stalker jailed for posting explicit photographs of his former partner
- 4 Product sold at Tesco recalled due to risk of disease-causing bacteria
- 5 Recap: Wire damage disrupts Hitchin and Peterborough trains
- 6 Man, 28, dies after truck and lorries crash on A47
- 7 Three rail and bus strikes in London and the East this week
- 8 Two combine harvesters catch fire in under 12 hours
- 9 Unauthorised encampments across Cambs a 'tricky issue' says Police and Crime Commissioner
- 10 Discount store expanding making it ‘bigger and better for customers’
• Face Painter
• Cowboy and cowgirl games and activities
• American BBQ
• Win A Motorbike Game
• Live country music from Meg McPartlin and Calumn Stewart
• Shock bucket
• Slingshot showdown
• Animal farm
• Sandbox tuck shop
• Prize for best costume
Children are welcome and you can either bring your own cowboy hat or get one from the venue on the day.
David Goodacre from David Goodacre Hay & Straw and John from The Dog in a Doublet will be doing a sponsored chest wax.
The event is to help raise funds for local good causes and the much needed work of The Sandbox Group, who help children with life-limiting conditions.
They also support 16-18 year olds into work, homeless people, people in poverty and generally anyone who genuinely needs helping locally in and around Peterborough, including Whittlesey.
See The Sandbox Group Whittlesey Facebook page. Free admission.