You can make this Christmas extra special for a local charity
OUR readers are being urged to help make this Christmas extra special for a local worthy cause.
We’ve linked up with the Anglia Co-operative Travel branch at March’s Westgate department store to fill Santa’s Suitcase with toys.
We’re asking for your help to fill the suitcase. Please take your toy donation along to the travel branch in Station Road – the appeal closes on Saturday, December 11.
We also want you to nominate a charity or organisation to receive the toys. If you know of a worthy cause in March or the surrounding villages, write to the Cambs Times at 51 High Street, March, Cambs PE15 9JJ by Friday, December 3, with the details. Mark your letter Santa’s Suitcase.
Anglia Co-operative Travel branch manager Natasha Thatcher said: “With the help of the Cambs Times we can make this a really brilliant Christmas for a really good cause locally.
You may also want to watch:
“Santa’s Suitcase is starting to fill up – but, the more we can collect, the more children we can help.
“We’d love to receive toys, games, books – anything that will help put a smile on a child’s face.
- 1 Police swoop on Chatteris housing estate following machete threat
- 2 ‘We are still struggling to cope’: Pet rescuers face ‘horrific situation’
- 3 Man, 48, dies after Mercedes car overturns in horror ditch crash
- 4 Man remains in custody after 'firearm and threat to kill' arrest
- 5 Hospitalised driver and passenger suffer serious injuries after crash
- 6 Widow of High Court judge, 77, charged with historical sexual abuse
- 7 Welcome back to the food capital of the Fens
- 8 Caring Daisy, 7, to donate hair to help children's charity
- 9 Rainbow alliance set out their stall for Cambridgeshire
- 10 Dame Mary Archer defence witness in sexual abuse trial of judge's widow
“With your help it would be great to be able to give presents to unfortunate children who otherwise wouldn’t be receiving gifts this Christmas.”
• The store is also running a Christmas colouring competition. You can pick up a drawing to colour from the branch now – entries must be in by December 18.
Five winners will receive selection boxes.