You can pick up a bargain on health & safety training courses
BUY a place on one training course and get another half-price – that’s the bargain that Fenland District Council is offering businesses to help them with practical health and safety advice.
The next course on offer is an all-day Level 2 Health and Safety in the Workplace course taking place on Tuesday November 6 at The Base, Melbourne Avenue, March. Places cost �64 per person including lunch.
Those who complete the course are awarded a nationally recognised certificate from the Chartered Institute of Environmental Health.
All FDC’s courses are run by fully trained environmental health staff. They provide employers and employees with knowledge and a practical understanding of good health and safety practices.
Other courses are available for anyone wishing to take more specialised modules, such as handling of chemicals, manual handling and Health and Safety Made Simple, the new risk assessment tool designed for small and medium-sized business.
You may also want to watch:
Last week the Government announced that many small firms are to be freed from official health and safety inspections, an approach which Fenland has been taking for more than two years.
Training is now being promoted instead of inspections, with the focus is on practical steps rather than legalistic requirements.
- 1 Man charged over death threats to deputy Labour leader Angela Rayner
- 2 BMW driver 'intentionally rammed' Ford car on A142 before fleeing scene
- 3 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 4 Football club ‘disappointed’ after vandals damage toilet facilities
- 5 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 6 Man who sent deputy Labour leader threatening email spared jail
- 7 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 8 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 9 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 10 Cambridgeshire hospitals busy and staff tired and abused
• To book places or get more details on all of our health and safety training courses, call Dawn Sadler, FDC’s senior environmental health officer, on 01354 622492, e-mail email@example.com or contact the Environment and Leisure Support Team on 01354 602165 or firstname.lastname@example.org