You’re invited to a social evening to help make a difference for cancer charity
- Credit: Archant
The March and Chatteris District Macmillan Cancer Support fundraising group is calling on people in the towns and villages with a little or a lot of a time to spare to help the charity.
The group is looking to hear from anyone who would be interested in helping the charity out on a regular or ad hoc basis. If you think this is something you might be interested in and would like to find out more, the March and Chatteris District Macmillan Cancer Support group is holding an informal social evening on Monday April 13 from 7.30pm at Cassanos, 78 High Street, March. T
The evening is open to everyone and will be an opportunity to find out more about what the local fundraising group does and how you can get involved.
The local community support Macmillan a great deal and has helped the March and Chatteris District Macmillan fundraising group to raise over £26,000 in 2014 to help people affected by cancer in Fenland.
Gill Smith, member of the March and Chatteris Group said: “Macmillan is such a worthwhile cause so, if there is anyone out there who has a few hours to spare and would like to get involved, we would love to hear from you and tell you more about the opportunities available which suit all kinds of people with different backgrounds. Whether it’s a couple of hours a year or a week, it really doesn’t matter, we just need the extra help.”
You may also want to watch:
The charity works hard to support people in the county who have been affected by cancer. From funding local nurses to providing essential financial, emotional, medical and practical help to cancer patients and their families.
Around 584 people in Fenland are diagnosed with cancer each year and Macmillan aims to be there to support the cancer patient and their friends and family too.
- 1 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 2 Man found dead in March
- 3 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 4 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 5 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 6 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 7 Inspirational teen's charity walk raises £500 to support ill children
- 8 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 9 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
For more information please contact Josephine on: 07961507515 for an informal chat.