You’ve Been Framed: Santa accidentally swiping his elf results in �250 donation for March Christmas lights
GENEROUS schoolboy Harry Skoulding has handed over a cheque for �250 to March Christmas lights fund - thanks to footage of him appearing on the popular TV programme You’ve Been Framed.
The clip showed Harry being accidentally cuffed on the chin by Father Christmas back in 2007, when the youngster was dressed as an elf and accompanied Santa on his sleigh at the switch on of March Christmas lights.
It took four years for programme makers to use the hilarious clip, and on Christmas Day last year the nation was able to see March’s Christmas lights and the youngster being swiped as Santa distributed sweets to children. The programme paid �250 for showing the clip.
Harry, now aged nine, is the son Cllr Rob Skoulding and his wife Laura, who own the Oliver Cromwell hotel in March.
“We are very proud of Harry’s generosity,” said Rob. “It was his idea to donate the cheque to the Christmas lights.
“It was great to watch the programme on Christmas Day, the whole family gathered in bar of the hotel. Harry told all his friends to watch it.”
Mayor Bernard Keane is running a charity race night on February 18. Rob said: “Harry wants me to buy a horse and call it Christmas Lights. And if it wins, the prize money will also go to the Christmas lights fund.”
- 1 Mini-convoy marks funeral of 'kind-hearted' lorry driver
- 2 Car travelled wrong way down A1 before triple fatal crash, say police
- 3 WATCH: Emotional tribute to honour and remember crash victim
- 4 He strangled Rikki, stripped him and left his body flat on his back, Old Bailey told
- 5 Plan B measures to be scrapped across England
- 6 5 suspects identified from New Year's Eve attack
- 7 Suspected poachers caught in farmyard raid as cops crackdown continues
- 8 ‘It’s been a very special day’ - Mary marks 100th birthday
- 9 Whittlesey ready for battle in bid to maintain promotion push
- 10 Academy will train next generation of taxi drivers