Young artist is Somerfield finalist
MARCH has its very own budding Picasso! Louis Vinciguerra, 9, has beaten hundreds of talented young artists to become a finalist in Somerfield s Bag for Life competition. The nationwide competition has been organised to find a talented young artist to d
MARCH has its very own budding Picasso! Louis Vinciguerra, 9, has beaten hundreds of talented young artists to become a finalist in Somerfield's 'Bag for Life' competition.
The nationwide competition has been organised to find a talented young artist to design the supermarket's 'Bag for Life' - a special scheme whereby shoppers receive a free 'Bag for Life' each time they return any five old carrier bags.
If Louis wins the competition, not only will his design be featured on a limited edition 'Bag for Life', which will be available in Somerfield stores nationwide, but he will also receive top art supplies to help him practice his skills at home
Children aged three to 12 were asked to submit designs with an outdoor and fresh food theme and send them through to the panel of judges. Ten finalists were then selected and an overall winner will be announced in the coming weeks.
You may also want to watch:
Louis impressed the judges with his colourful drawing representing two different worlds, one with and one without recycling.
Louis, of Burrowmoor Road, said: "I'm so happy to have reached the final of the competition and pleased that the judges like my design.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 4 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 5 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 6 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 7 Jail for pair who threatened group with sword
- 8 Board says Covid-19 figures are ‘stable’ at City hospital
- 9 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
"I think it's important that people recycle their plastic bags to help save the environment. Fingers crossed mine is the winning design."
Pete Williams, Head of Press and PR for Somerfield, said:" Louis's design really blew the panel away and he impressed the judges with his creativity