Young disabled people from Wisbech get chance to try out football
- Credit: Archant
Several young disabled people have signed up for regular classes after giving football a try on Wednesday.
Cambridgeshire FA held a training session for young disabled people at the Papworth Trust Youth Club, Wisbech, on Wednesday.
They have put on a week of events to encourage more disabled people to take up the sport.
Robert Reeve, of Cambridgeshire FA, ran the session, which included team games, training exercises, shooting practice and ball skills.
Disability charity Papworth Trust runs a weekly youth club during school term time and a holiday club during school holidays.
You may also want to watch:
The club, for disabled people aged 11 and above, meets every Wednesday evening at the Queen Mary Centre.
To find out more, call 0800 952 5000, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or log on to www.papworth.org.uk/youthclubs
- 1 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 2 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
- 3 Man found dead in March
- 4 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 5 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 6 Seven men jailed for stealing bikes worth £70k
- 7 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 8 Inspirational teen's charity walk raises £500 to support ill children
- 9 Emporium takes business to next level