Young explorers captivate March Rotary Club with tales of their travels
- Credit: Archant
Two students shared tales of their adventures on the other side of the world at March Rotary Club’s September meeting.
Hettie Foreman and Charlotte Grieco received money from the society to help fund their travels.
Medical student Miss Foreman, who was introduced by her grandfather rotarian John Cox, went on an expedition to Peru as part of a team of 10 young people.
She helped with a community project, explored the Machu Picchu, trekked high into the Andes and enjoyed the cultural delights of Cusco and Lima.
Trainee graphic designer Miss Grieco went to Thailand, Laos and Cambodia as part of a team of 13 young people.
You may also want to watch:
She explored Angkor Wat, had a trip along the Mekong River, taught English to children in an orphanage in Cambodia and visited temples and other attractions throughout the region.
Both girls thanked the club for their support and Rotarian George White congratulated them on their presentations.
- 1 Man found dead in March
- 2 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 3 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 4 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 5 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 6 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 7 Janice launches Slimming World group after losing over two stone
- 8 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 9 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 10 County passes funding of new £25m Wisbech school back to the Government