Young man - thought to be in his 20s- killed at Manea after being struck by train
- Credit: Archant
A young man – thought to be in his early 20s- was killed today at Manea after being struck by a train.
He is thought to have lived locally but it is not thought there any suspicious circumstances surrounding his death.
The incident happened this morning and led to cancellations of services between Ipswich and Peterborough via Ely.
By this evening the service through the Fens was back to normal after several trains were either delayed or cancelled.
A Greater Anglia spokesman said earlier tonight: “A person was hit by a train earlier at Manea between Ely and March the train service is now resuming between Ely and Peterborough in both directions.
You may also want to watch:
“The 13:58 from Ipswich to Peterborough and the 15:50 from Peterborough to Ipswich were cancelled.”
Customers at Whittlesea and Manea were advised to use station help points to arrange alternative transport.
- 1 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 2 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 3 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 4 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 5 Piled wall will resolve major King's Dyke crossing obstacle
- 6 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 7 Photographer, Eleanor, wins highly regarded award
- 8 Three charged after £2m Hotpoint arson attack
- 9 'I think I hurt him bad mum' says Murder on the Doorstep killer
- 10 £330,000 fraudster burning evidence as police raid his home