Young People March group hope to bring festive cheer with Christmas gift baskets
- Credit: Archant
A project aimed at young people in March has been busy bringing festive joy to others.
The Young People March group donated Christmas gift baskets to sexual violence charity Peterborough Rape Crisis Care Group (PRCCG). The group provides support for victims of rape and sexual assault across Cambridgeshire.
Sharon Elt, children and young people’s independent sexual violence advisor at PRCCG, said: “It’s great to be able to give the women and girls who come to us a little luxury at a difficult moment in their lives. It can mean the world to them when they are struggling.
“We’re so grateful to the young people who have given the baskets to us.”
The YPM group has also been making bat boxes for a local nature reserve, making cards for isolated people and senior citizens and handing out hampers to women’s refuges.
You may also want to watch:
For more information on Young People March, call 01354 650645.
- 1 BMW driver 'intentionally rammed' Ford car on A142 before fleeing scene
- 2 Binmen revolt over alleged bullying, poor pay, low morale and staffing crisis
- 3 Lucky Cambridgeshire neighbours win People's Postcode Lottery
- 4 Football club ‘disappointed’ after vandals damage toilet facilities
- 5 Drug dealer racially abused police officer
- 6 Person cut out of car after two-vehicle crash
- 7 Woman pedestrian in her 50s killed in guided busway crash
- 8 Ramsey woman to appear in court to face drug dealing charges
- 9 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 10 Three people arrested in Somersham after stash of Cannabis found in car