Young people pave way for Wisbech art project
YOUNG people from Wisbech are working with artist Karen Harvey on a creative art project.
The purpose of the project is to attract young people of the community so that they can come together and produce artwork relating to the new Wisbech Adventure Playground, now being built in the Waterlees area at the Spinney.
Twelve young people have been working on drawings, poems, photography, paintings, stories and sculpture to produce a small book about the Spinney and gather as much information about it as they can.
The group meets weekly and they share their ideas and opinions. This week they had a guided tour of the site and had the chance to ask questions to the site manager, David.
“There are many rumours about the new adventure playground and people have been saying that it is only open to clubs or groups, and that it costs to get in,” said Brandon Mattless, lead young artist on the project.
You may also want to watch:
“This is not true and the playground will be open to everyone with sessions for different age groups and it’s absolutely free.
“These 12 young people are putting all their effort in to help people realise that this new adventure playground will be somewhere to have a fun, relaxing and enjoyable time, and to prove that their home town Wisbech is a good place to be.”
- 1 Travellers move onto sports field forcing football to be cancelled
- 2 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 3 Chatteris firm with £20m growth plan
- 4 Family remembers 'cheeky, friendly and well-liked' mechanic
- 5 Body found in Wisbech road
- 6 Hares hit five, Wisbech win, Whittlesey victorious as Drove triumph
- 7 Diamond celebrations for former mayor and council chairman
- 8 ‘High risk’ paedophile had indecent images of children on his phone
- 9 Tractor driver error may have caused freight derailment in the Fens
- 10 Man confronted in live stream cleared of all sex abuse allegations
If you are a young person who would like to get involved with this project please phone Karen Harvey on 01945 773915