Young people pop to a pop-up kitchen
- Credit: Archant
Young people in Wisbech were given free food and advice on the challenges of living independently at a pop-up soup kitchen thanks to two local support agencies.
Axiom’s Wisbech Foyer teamed up with CHS Group’s Fenland Young Peoples Project, to host the drop-in at its Wisbech Foyer in North Street.
Between them they provide accommodation and support to develop the skills necessary for young people aged between 16 and 24 to be successful in living independently.
Paul Grimmond, Foyer Service Manager, said: “For some young people who don’t have family or other support it can be difficult to find suitable accommodation, training or employment and we are here to offer support and help to them.”
Wisbech Foyer is within the town’s waterfront development and provides accommodation for up to 17 young people.
You may also want to watch:
Specialist staff are on-hand to help residents who have their own room, with access to shared facilities, including a communal lounge, kitchen and laundry room.
The foyer is home to one of Axiom Academy’s skills and development centres benefiting from a fully equipped training room where residents can meet with an allocated support worker.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 4 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 5 Man jailed for historic sexual abuse 'convinced child victims it was normal behaviour'
- 6 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 7 Envar deny responsibility for county's fly invasion
- 8 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 9 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 10 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
Wisbech also has three move-on flats for those residents who are ready to make the next step towards independence.
For further information contact the foyer on 01945 580103.