Young people tried to break into pavilion prior to Manea Gala
AN open letter to parents and grandparents from and around Manea.
We are sure that many of you will agree that we have just held a highly successful gala in Manea. Many people contributed to what was a fantastic day in the village.
People of all ages (including many young people) were involved in putting on the gala and we know from our own experience that they will now be experiencing a tremendous feeling of satisfaction.
Sadly, this is not the case for all young people connected with Manea and it is for this reason that we ask you: can you say with absolute certainty where your child and or grandchild was at 2.30am on �Saturday?
At that time, we know that around 20 young people tried to break into the pavilion to steal the refreshments that were stored there for the gala.
You may also want to watch:
Some of you may even have heard the disturbance they were making.
We have suffered vandalism for many years in the village, but this time it is different.
- 1 MP visits hospital about to become centre of Covid-19 vaccine rollout
- 2 Transgender rapist - with anatomy of a man- jailed for 15 years
- 3 Owner's desperate plea - and £500 reward - to find missing dog
- 4 Rugby club fears vendetta after vandals strike again
- 5 'Big red key' used by cops in dawn raid on suspected drug dealers
- 6 Ditch crash victim seriously injured
- 7 Nitrous oxide canisters no laughing matter say Fenland police
- 8 Vaccine roll-out begins, 12 hours a day, seven days a week
- 9 Homes 'siloed on edge of village like old-style council estate'
- 10 Tributes to 'loving, kind family man' and community stalwart
Not only were they seen by a reliable witness, but also the CCTV images are so clear we are able to identify those involved.
It is essential that we stop the wave of vandalism that is blighting our village and so this time and in the future there are likely to be prosecutions.
MARK ARCHER, Fenland District Councillor
STEVE EMERY, Manea Parish Council chairman
DAVID COLE, Manea Parish Council
TOM SAVAGE, Manea Gala Committee chairman
PAUL FOX, Manea Gala Committee
GRAHAM MCDONALD, Manea Gala Committee