Young people tried to break into pavilion prior to Manea Gala
AN open letter to parents and grandparents from and around Manea.
We are sure that many of you will agree that we have just held a highly successful gala in Manea. Many people contributed to what was a fantastic day in the village.
People of all ages (including many young people) were involved in putting on the gala and we know from our own experience that they will now be experiencing a tremendous feeling of satisfaction.
Sadly, this is not the case for all young people connected with Manea and it is for this reason that we ask you: can you say with absolute certainty where your child and or grandchild was at 2.30am on �Saturday?
At that time, we know that around 20 young people tried to break into the pavilion to steal the refreshments that were stored there for the gala.
Some of you may even have heard the disturbance they were making.
We have suffered vandalism for many years in the village, but this time it is different.
- 1 Arsonist firebombed GP surgery after doctors refused to give him heroin
- 2 Drug-driver killed co-worker on B1101 Elm Road in March
- 3 Wembley debut 'a highlight of my career' for footballer Reece
- 4 March set to light a beacon for Platinum Jubilee
- 5 21st century agreement on future of 17th century pub
- 6 Jon serves up a painting fit for Her Majesty
- 7 Long queues at Peterborough passport office ahead of holiday season
- 8 Herts man charged with alleged attempted robbery at village Co-op
- 9 Village barn struck by arsonists in 4am blaze
- 10 Shoplifter, 33, who assaulted woman is on the run
Not only were they seen by a reliable witness, but also the CCTV images are so clear we are able to identify those involved.
It is essential that we stop the wave of vandalism that is blighting our village and so this time and in the future there are likely to be prosecutions.
MARK ARCHER, Fenland District Councillor
STEVE EMERY, Manea Parish Council chairman
DAVID COLE, Manea Parish Council
TOM SAVAGE, Manea Gala Committee chairman
PAUL FOX, Manea Gala Committee
GRAHAM MCDONALD, Manea Gala Committee