Your tweets of support could see short film produced in East Cambs hit cinemas nationwide
- Credit: Archant
A TEAM of producers have called for your support on social media to ensure their new film is shortlisted for a national competition.
A Walk in the Woods has been produced by Cambridge Filmworks, based in Ely, and tells the story of an old man revisiting an event from his childhood.
Ely man Adam Giles, of Cambridge Filmworks, said: “We all had a lot of creative fun producing this short and it has now been entered into this year’s Virgin Media Shorts Competition.
“It will be judged this week by a panel of industry experts and viewers can vote for the film online.”
The film was written and directed by Mark Hampton, who recently had a role in Brad Pitt’s new movie World War Z.
You may also want to watch:
It also features Cambridge based Richard Heffer, known for film and television work in the 70s and 80s.
Twelve films will be shortlisted from the hundreds submitted, but fans can choose a ‘lucky 13th’ film to make the shortlist by voting on Twitter.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 4 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 5 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 6 Police pursuit of suspected hare coursers ends in success
- 7 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 8 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 9 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
- 10 8 of the best shows coming to Cambridgeshire in November
To vote, simply tweet A Walk in the Woods followed by the hashtag #VMShortsVote between now and Sunday.
Films shortlisted for the competition will be show at Picturehouse cinemas across the country from September, with three films awarded prizes in November.
• To view the film, visit www.virginmediashorts.co.uk