Your view of future plans
FENLAND Council is inviting your views on its blueprint for the future of Fenland – its Core Strategy to 2024. We want to hear your views on issues such as how to help local people priced out of the housing market to get their foot on the property ladder
FENLAND Council is inviting your views on its blueprint for the future of Fenland - its Core Strategy to 2024.
We want to hear your views on issues such as how to help local people priced out of the housing market to get their foot on the property ladder and how to help the environment.
The council's vision for the future will be shaped by it's Core Strategy and Development Policies Document - and it is looking for comments from local people before putting it into practice.
The council has already consulted widely on issues which include: where the new jobs and shops will be created; how to help the environment and the role of towns and villages in the future development of Fenland.
You may also want to watch:
The council has developed these ideas into broad locations where 9,000 future homes and jobs shall go, but before they are finalised, the council would like to take on board your views.
The preferred options documentation for the Core Strategy is available to view until November 12 via:
- 1 Crews tackle huge Fens blaze
- 2 Crash driver flees leaving female passenger injured
- 3 Sat nav 'takes one for the team' in bridge crash
- 4 Tonight's 24 Hours in Police Custody follows brutal Cambridgeshire murder
- 5 ‘I’m Lovin It’ burglars caught by McDonald's trip
- 6 Squash club marks 40 years of competitions
- 7 Road blocked due to crash involving a tractor on A14 near Godmanchester
- 8 Of all the places in all the city to park an uninsured 4x4
- 9 22 arrests, drugs, cash and weapons seized in county lines crackdown
- 10 Keep your eyes peeled for David’s dinosaur this weekend
- The council's web site www.fenland.gov.uk where it can be downloaded
- The Fenland @ your service shops in Chatteris, March, Whittlesey and Wisbech (the document can also be take away as a printed copy)
- Fenland Hall, County Road, March (the document can also be taken away as a paper copy)
A comment form is available on the web and at the above places for you to make your views known.
Please contact the planning team at Fenland Council on 01354 654321 for further information.
Leader of the council, Councillor Geoffrey Harper, said: "In planning our core strategies for the future development of Fenland, it is important local people are given every opportunity to have an input into the policies that will shape their communities.
"I would urge everyone who is interested in a prosperous and vibrant Fenland to take the time to look at the document and offer their views.