Youth, 17, arrested after police car rammed in Wisbech following tip off - Vauxhall Corsa seized
- Credit: Archant
A Vauxhall Corsa was brought to a halt after it rammed a police car in Wisbech last night
The driver, 17, was later found to have no licence and was arrested and taken in for questioning.
The vehicle also had no insurance and was confiscated by the roads policing unit.
The driver has also been charged with dangerous driving and failure to stop.
He was taken to Kings Lynn Investigation Centre and later released on bail.
You may also want to watch:
A police spokesman said the car was stopped at Freedom Bridge at around 5pm and followed a tip-off.
“Officers spotted the car and pulled it over,” said the spokesman.
- 1 Man found dead in March
- 2 Brother pays tribute to 'strongest character I've ever known'
- 3 Driver leaves girl 'very shaken' after ploughing into car
- 4 Father-of-five murdered due to 'drug deal dispute gone wrong'
- 5 WATCH: Flying Scotsman steams through Cambridgeshire Fens
- 6 Every little helps for surprised shopper thanks to Tesco worker
- 7 HMO or flats divide councils but what happens to rest of hotel?
- 8 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 9 Over 100 modern slavery victims rescued in Cambridgeshire
- 10 Shocks all round as police pull over 'white van man'
Police who made the arrest later tweeted photos of the incident.
“Police brought a car to a stop after the driver, found to have no licence, rammed a police a vehicle,” they tweeted.
“One in custody.”
They also posted photos and a video of the car being removed by a towing truck.
“No insurance means no car,” they tweeted.