Youth in court charged with attempted murder in Wisbech
A 17-YEAR-OLD Wisbech youth charged with attempted murder appeared before Fenland magistrates today.
It is alleged the teenager tried to murder 31-year-old John Stokes in Wisbech on July 4.
He is also charged with unlawfully and maliciously wounding Mr Stokes on the same occasion, with intent to do him grievous bodily harm.
The court made an order banning the press from naming the teenager who is due to appear before Fenland Youth Court tomorrow. He was remanded in custody.
The court was told the teenager was arrested yesterday at Stansted Airport after returning from abroad.
You may also want to watch:
It is alleged that Mr Stokes was driven at by a 4x4 vehicle in Boyces Road and left for dead. He was discharged from Addenbrooke’s Hospital in Cambridge last week.
- 1 Two men with links to Cottenham on 'most wanted' list
- 2 Opposition sign historic power sharing agreement to seize control of county council
- 3 Woman, 78, suffers horrific injuries after e-scooter hit-and-run
- 4 £100k homes scrapped 'with almost immediate effect' says Mayor
- 5 Woman dies after being hit by lorry
- 6 Charity shop supervisor fraudster must pay back £2,550
- 7 Murder suspect is victim's son
- 8 'Horrific ordeal' of saleswoman tied up, restrained and sexually assaulted
- 9 Carpenter 'honoured' by thank-you gifts to mark 25 years' service