Youth in court charged with attempted murder in Wisbech
A 17-YEAR-OLD Wisbech youth charged with attempted murder appeared before Fenland magistrates today.
It is alleged the teenager tried to murder 31-year-old John Stokes in Wisbech on July 4.
He is also charged with unlawfully and maliciously wounding Mr Stokes on the same occasion, with intent to do him grievous bodily harm.
The court made an order banning the press from naming the teenager who is due to appear before Fenland Youth Court tomorrow. He was remanded in custody.
The court was told the teenager was arrested yesterday at Stansted Airport after returning from abroad.
You may also want to watch:
It is alleged that Mr Stokes was driven at by a 4x4 vehicle in Boyces Road and left for dead. He was discharged from Addenbrooke’s Hospital in Cambridge last week.
- 1 Pub closes as owners decide not to sell
- 2 Work starts on £3.16m apprenticeship training school
- 3 Customers report summerhouse builder to fraud investigators
- 4 Yard sale raises over £1,400 from second annual event
- 5 Theatre group stalwart steps down after nine years
- 6 'Panicked' dangerous driver apologises after 90mph police pursuit
- 7 Health chief’s stark warning: ‘The virus doesn’t care we changed the rules’
- 8 Medieval pottery unearthed at Cambs campsite
- 9 Father murders daughter’s ex-partner in 'frenzied' multiple knife attack
- 10 Residents make most of lockdown easing as Christmas comes early