Youth teams invited to take part in the Ouse Washes Experience
- Credit: Archant
Young people are invited to take part in a fund raising fun event to bring in money for a local stroke support group.
The Ouse Washes Experience provides an opportunity for youth groups to fund raise for Rotary charities which include Pos+Ability, a local stroke support group.
Team leader Gary Gardner said: “Youth teams, such as the Scouts, Girl Guides, Air and Army cadets, youth clubs are very welcome to come along on Sunday September 20 and complete a sponsored walk, run or cycle ride.
“It’s free to enter this year, so make sure you come along and join in.
“If 71 year old Ted can cycle it on his 40 year old bike and 7 year old Xander can too, what’s stopping you?”
You may also want to watch:
Not only can young people win the Youth Challenge, but it is also an opportunity to take part in a great competition if they cycle the route.
“It’s a fun day out, and not only will our charities benefit, the youth groups themselves will be achieving something positive for themselves by learning more about this remarkable area,” he said.
- 1 'Loving, caring family man' dies in hospital weeks after A141 crash
- 2 Dramatic pictures catch harvester on fire in 4am blaze
- 3 Work to improve A47 between March and Peterborough begins
- 4 Butcher Ron to hang up his hat after 64 years
- 5 Illegal poachers stopped in their tracks by eagle-eyed public
- 6 Paramedics warn of 'tents in car parks' amid mental health crisis
- 7 Board says Covid-19 figures are ‘stable’ at City hospital
- 8 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 9 Granddaughter launches bid to help others thanks to football legend
Any groups who want to take part stand a chance of winning the Youth Group Challenge, the winners of which will be the team that raises the highest amount of money for charities.
“By taking part it provides an opportunity for some youngsters to qualify for their community badges, which must be a good thing,” he added.
The experience is a walk of either 10 or 20K, a run of 10K and a cycle of either 35 or 57K in an area of outsanding beaty.
To get involved email email@example.com.