Youth teams invited to take part in the Ouse Washes Experience
- Credit: Archant
Young people are invited to take part in a fund raising fun event to bring in money for a local stroke support group.
The Ouse Washes Experience provides an opportunity for youth groups to fund raise for Rotary charities which include Pos+Ability, a local stroke support group.
Team leader Gary Gardner said: “Youth teams, such as the Scouts, Girl Guides, Air and Army cadets, youth clubs are very welcome to come along on Sunday September 20 and complete a sponsored walk, run or cycle ride.
“It’s free to enter this year, so make sure you come along and join in.
“If 71 year old Ted can cycle it on his 40 year old bike and 7 year old Xander can too, what’s stopping you?”
Not only can young people win the Youth Challenge, but it is also an opportunity to take part in a great competition if they cycle the route.
“It’s a fun day out, and not only will our charities benefit, the youth groups themselves will be achieving something positive for themselves by learning more about this remarkable area,” he said.
- 1 Man, 28, dies after truck and lorries crash on A47
- 2 NHS staff praised for ‘virtually eliminating’ long waiting times
- 3 Two combine harvesters catch fire in under 12 hours
- 4 Discount store expanding making it ‘bigger and better for customers’
- 5 Driver cleared by reason of insanity over death of Louis Thorold
- 6 £150,000 splashpad to open in Wisbech
- 7 How you can treat and prevent heatstroke in your pets
- 8 Unauthorised encampments across Cambs a 'tricky issue' says Police and Crime Commissioner
- 9 Drought officially declared in East Anglian region
- 10 Salesman Stephen who 'has a smile every day' marks 45 years at firm
Any groups who want to take part stand a chance of winning the Youth Group Challenge, the winners of which will be the team that raises the highest amount of money for charities.
“By taking part it provides an opportunity for some youngsters to qualify for their community badges, which must be a good thing,” he added.
The experience is a walk of either 10 or 20K, a run of 10K and a cycle of either 35 or 57K in an area of outsanding beaty.
To get involved email email@example.com.