Youths given 48 hour ban from Wisbech town centre for running across roofs of buildings
- Credit: Archant
Three youths found themselves banned from Wisbech town centre for 48 hours on Friday night after they were caught running across roofs of buildings.
Wisbech police posted on Facebook: “For a number of months now we have been receiving reports of youths running across the roofs of buildings within the town centre.
“Besides putting themselves at risk of serious injury those responsible also run the risk of causing criminal damage.
“More importantly some locations they have chosen on which to run has resulted in causing alarm and distress for vulnerable older people.
“Tonight effectively working with local authority CCTV three male youths have been identified as involved in this activity.
You may also want to watch:
“Each of them has been dispersed from a specified area and not permitted to return within the next 48 hours. Should they want to chance their arm and return they face the probability of being arrested.”
- 1 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache
- 2 Rowdy passengers force train cancellation
- 3 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 4 Woman 'cannot afford to lose' over £3,000 through builder
- 5 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in radical ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 6 Tributes to retired CEO who 'worked tirelessly' for town
- 7 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 8 Man, 20, rapes woman as she slept, court told
- 9 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 10 HGV driver courses set up to help meet critical shortages