Youths spotted jumping onto roof tops in March town centre
- Credit: Archant
Police were called to March yesterday evening (Sunday) after reports of youths jumping onto various building roof tops in the town centre.
Officers were alerted at around 5.55pm on July 22 but when they arrived on scene they had left the area.
A spokesman for Cambridgeshire Constabulary said: “We take this seriously due to the risks these youths put themselves in and the danger that comes with it.”
Reports of the incident came in as officers from the Fenland Local Neighbourhood Policing Team were patrolling the area on bicycles.
They conducted patrols around the local parks and engaged with members of the public.
You may also want to watch:
The spokesman added: “I would just like to say ‘Thank You’ to the member of public who provided two officers with ice creams whist dealing with an incident.
“This was very much appreciated.”
- 1 Caravan wedged under Fens rail bridge
- 2 7 questions that could decide if you truly are from the Fens
- 3 Burglars led police to £170,000 cannabis factory
- 4 Wisbech to March light rail signalled in ‘levelling up’ bid by Mayor
- 5 7 of the best pumpkin picking locations in Cambridgeshire
- 6 Bid to ban ex- mayor running pub “a joke” says cabinet member
- 7 Jaw-dropping stunts and traditional circus elements combine in unmissable show
- 8 Daughter sets fire to father's bedroom after food outrage
- 9 Fire destroys family bungalow in the Fens
- 10 Woman delighted to finally be a mum after infertility heartache